The Summer Daze hat is a child's patchwork sun hat with an optional fabric flower. You can achieve many different looks with this hat pattern, for example:
- The hat is reversible: simply remove the flower embellishment.
- The lining is made from one fabric so if you prefer a plainer looking hat wear it on the reverse side.
- The brim can be turned up and pinned in place with the flower.
- The hat can be made with or without the contrast band.
- The hat is also suitable for boys, just leave off the flower.
- A detailed tutorial with step by step instructions and colour photographs.
- Instructions to make the fabric flower.
- Full sized pattern pieces printable on standard A4 / letter size paper.
- A list of materials required.
- X Small: fits head circumference 47 cm (18½in)
- Small: fits head circumference 49 cm (19¼in)
- Medium: fits head circumference 52 cm (20½in)
- Large: fits head circumference 54 cm (21¼in)
- X Large: fits head circumference 57 cm (22½in)
~ This pattern was featured in Australian Homespun Magazine No. 104 (Vol 13.1) ~
Hi, I’m Anthea. I'm a mother, wife, pattern designer, and sewer among many other things! I have been creative and crafting for as long as I can remember. As a child I made my own Barbie doll clothes and dolls house furnishings, and since then have honed my skills through years of experience at the sewing machine, sewing clothing for myself and my children and items for the home. I design a range of fresh and fun patterns including children’s clothing, soft toys, bags, appliqué designs and anything else that takes my fancy! My patterns are easy to follow and include detailed step-by-step instructions, which are backed up by photographs, making them achievable for even the beginner sewer.